At Friends School, we believe students of all ages can and should be active in our greater community. Children can make a difference in our world and service learning is integrated throughout the FSM curriculum.
FSM students have a variety of opportunities for service learning, supporting the Quaker values of community, integrity, and justice. A few examples:
- working at the Friends School Plant Sale to raise money for FSM tuition aid
- learning about and running the school composting and recycling program (grades 5 and 6)
- joining the Student Service Committee
- making seed bombs to throw with the National Park Service
- raking leaves or shoveling snow for our elderly neighbors